What to do if your child is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
One or more COVID-19 Symptoms:
- A new, continuous cough
- A high temperature
- Loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell
- Self-isolate for 10 days
- Use https://111.wales.nhs.uk/ or Call 111 for clinical advice
- Apply for Coronavirus test if needed https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test or call 119 to arrange for a test.
- Collect any siblings from school.
- Call the school to inform them your child has symptoms and whether they have had a test. Do not visit the school.
- If your child has a negative test, return to school and provide proof of their result.
- If your child gets a positive test, then continue to self-isolate for 10 days from when their symptoms started. Anyone they live with, and anyone in their family bubble, or extended family bubble must self-isolate for 14 days.
- If your child does not have any COVID-19 symptoms but does:
Feel unwell with a temperature of less than 38C
Vomit or has diarrhoea
Have a loss of appetite
Have a rash
Have fatigue / aches
Or have any other general illness or is feeling unwell
Then you are advised to monitor your child closely. If appropriate do not attend school but keep them informed in the usual way.
- If your child seems very unwell, is getting worse or you think there’s something seriously wrong, call 999. Do not visit your GP, pharmacy or hospital, except in an emergency.