Your child may be eligible for free school meals
Free school meals will be provided for pupils who receive or whose parents receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA). Contribution Based Jobseekers Allowance (CBJSA) does not qualify
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credits only, with an annual household Income of under £16,190 *
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (IR)
Please note that if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credits in addition to any of these benefits you will not be eligible for free meals, even if your household income is below £16,190*.
* As a guide, an applicant’s annual household income is usually stated on a TC602 Tax Credits Summary/Award Notice.